Rules and Regulations for Race Vehicles
Part 4 – Conclusion
Now you know what is required of a driver, the company and the regulations pertaining to race vehicles. Seem confusing? That’s okay, just remember to keep it simple. The larger and more complicated the vehicle the more regulations and extra work is required. In general, try to keep your vehicles under these guidelines:
- 2 axles per vehicle and per trailer
- a GCWR under 26,000 pounds and a trailer weight under 10,000
- a combined length under 65 feet with a trailer shorter than 40 feet or a motorhome shorter in length than 40 feet
- a maximum height under 13 feet 6 inches
- the DOT number visibly placed on both sides of the main vehicle
Then remember to obey driver rules like carrying a medical card, filling out log books and stopping in weigh stations.
See you at the races!